According to a new study, Harry Kane is the FIFTH most valuable footballer in the world.
But Kane is still nearly three times less valuable than Lionel Messi , who remains as the planet’s value-for-money star, despite seeing his stock drop by €17million.
The valuations, calculated by the CIES Football Observatory, is based around an economic model analysing transfer fees, performances and personal characteristics of players, such as their age, position and contract length.
CIES’s advanced technologies have allowed footballers in the big five leagues – Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1 – to be assessed.
This month’s studies show that while Messi’s value has dropped slightly, that of Neymar has soared in that past six months, rising from €94m to €157m.
Eden Hazard’s torrid time in the Premier League hasn’t left too much damage on his standing, as he finds himself in third spot despite a decrease of €12m on his total value.
But Kane’s rise is remarkable, after adding €35m onto his value – which is now €91m – rising from the mid-20s to fifth spot, ahead of the likes of Sergio Aguero, Alexis Sanchez and Luis Suarez.
Just missing from the top 15 are Robert Lewandowski, Gareth Bale, Romelu Lukaku and Diego Costa, who take 16th to 19th spots respectively.
Arsenal star Mesut Ozil , the Premier League’s player of the season so far, is valued at €51m and sits in 27th place.
Football’s most valuable players
15. Thomas Muller, Bayern Munich, €71.3m
14. Philippe Coutinho, Liverpool, €73m
13. Kevin De Bruyne, Manchester City, €73m
12. Paul Pogba, Juventus, €77.3m
11. Anthony Martial, Manchester United, €77.8m
10. Alexis Sanchez, Arsenal, €81.9m
9. Sergio Aguero, Manchester City, €82.1m
8. Luis Suarez, Barcelona, €86.3m
7. Antoine Griezmann, Atletico Madrid, €88.3m
6. Raheem Sterling, Manchester City, €89.8m
5. Harry Kane, Tottenham Hotspur, €91.3m
4. Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid, €114m
3. Eden Hazard, Chelsea, €130.5m
2. Neymar, Barcelona, €152.7m
1. Lionel Messi, Barcelona, €250.7m