We are pleased to announce our 2015 Fashion Brand Ambassador as Oreka Godis. Oreka’s role in the 2015 edition of Africa Fashion Week Nigeria is to help with the synergy of the project and identify undiscovered talent.
“AFWN is extremely excited to have Oreka on board this year. We see her as someone who embodies our ethos and encourages consumer support across the African fashion industry. She was recently featured in New African Woman magazine as one of the Nigerian Media Mogulettes to watch out for and we look forward to seeing her empower, promote and help AFWN discover this year’s budding talent” – PR and Marketing Director, Yetty Ogunnubi.
Oreka says “I am very privileged to have the great honour of being AFWN 2015’s Fashion Brand Ambassador. The creative team behind AFWN left no stone unturned on their mission to bring you the very best in as yet undiscovered fashion designers across Africa. There are lots of surprises in store this year and I look forward to sharing every great moment with you“.
Oreka Godis is a descendant of Ogori in Kogi State, Nigeria. From her early days, Oreka stood out as a talented child. At school, she was class captain, social prefect, an active member of her schools’ track-and-field team, represented (and won) with her school’s debate team, sat on Student Union Council Boards during her A’Levels and was elected Afro-Caribbean President at Kings College London -where she graduated with a Clinical Sciences BSc (Hons) degree. Oreka is very active with a great thirst for life and no aversion to expressing herself creatively. She comes with previous experience working for The Beat 99.9FM where she co-anchored the biggest breakfast show in Lagos, Nigeria. She is a confident speaker, lover of arts and culture who has performed Master of Ceremony duties for many private and public events. Her TV appearances include:
- Season Three Judge: The Peak Talent Show
- The Coca Cola Open Up For Happiness TV show
- Gidi Up – (Eki) Ndani TV’s webseries
- 3 Live Chicks – Flytime TV’s flagship talk show
- The Love Lounge – EbonyLife TV’s syndicated radio & TV show on love, sex & relationships
- R.S.V.P, T.A.B.L.O.I.D – Oreka played Tally
- Lady in Yellow in the Nigerian adaptation of the stage play For Colored Girls
- In interviews: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rubbin‘ Minds, MTV Base Roundtable: Choose or Lose and the interview with the Nigerian President.