How do you tackle peer pressure as regards sex?
NB: Every time I am about to answer a question, I would give little advice and words or sayings on the said topic before I answer.
Therefore, find my Words of Wisdom below:
- Don’t think you are on a right road because everybody is on the road
- You don’t get harmony when everybody sings the same note
- Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don’t matter and those that matter don’t mind
- You have enemies? Good. That means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect
- When you follow the crowd, you can never be followed by a crowd
- WRONG is WRONG even if everyone is doing it. RIGHT is RIGHT even if no one is doing it
So back to the question now:
Needless to say, I have NEVER fallen a victim of peer pressure (believe it or not). I can hear (with my spiritual ears) that so many people are saying IT IS A LIE (directly or indirectly).
But that is the bitter truth though because I believe that when I do something, I have to take responsibility for it. For example, when someone commits an offence and is almost sent to life imprisonment, irrespective of the person’s genuine excuse of whoever is involved, he still has to face his penalty ALONE.
Now to the question: I had sex when i decided I wanted to and I regretted it after. The thing is i cannot go back to being a virgin (I sincerely hope and pray my mum doesn’t read this *fasting&praying*) now but I know better.
Bottom Line is DON’T DO IT UNTIL YOU SAY I DO. Buy the book oh by Bukola Sosanya (Jerusalem Pastor pikin).
How to Identify Peer Pressure:
- Everyone is doing it (they always say that)
- Everyone is thinking it
- You never want to do it most times (e.g. getting drunk and misbehaving)
- All the cool kids are doing it
- Just taste it, you’ll like it. You can stop if you don’t. (NA LIE Oh)
Ways to Curb PEER PRESSURE:
- Say NO and let them know you mean it
- Never give excuses for your decisions (not even religion)
- Think for yourself (it is not wrong to say NO)
- Have a plan and stick to it.
I hope with these few points of mine, I have been able to CONFUSE you and not to CONVINCE you?