Please, what are the career opportunities available to someone who studied a local language in the University? Say: Yoruba, or Igbo, or Hausa?
There are so many career opportunities available to people who studied a local language (Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa) and they are:
- Language Teacher: You could land a teaching job in one of the private schools.
- Embassies and High Commission: These parastatals need interpreters for their citizens and especially ambassadors.
- Interpreter: You could be an interpreter for worldwide event or program.
- Human Resources: If you also add a certificate in HR, you can work with any of the multinationals as a Human Resource Personnel
- Receptionist: Most companies employ multi-lingual peeps as their receptionists
- Customer Care: Companies that relate directly with customers or clients almost always employ multi-linguals to work as their customer care representatives
The above list is just a few of the opportunities available for language students