My fellow country people, on our way to buy our own mansion in Lekki ehn, I just thought about my growing up and the weird things that I laugh about now in my house so I decided to compile a few pictures cos I know plenty of you can relate except you want to be forming for yourself there…
Oya see them below:
1. An Ice Cream bowl with frozen soup in the freezer.
2. Danish Cookies Tin with sewing equipment.
3. Those phone chargers for phones that were long gone.
4. That plastic bag filled with plenty of other plastic bags.
5. Trays, Mugs, and Bottle Openers from different Owambes.
6. Those clear plastic take away bowls with slight oil stains that never come off
7. Those plastic covers without any sign of matching bowls.
Even more than the number of bowls in the house.
8. Old tins of paint no one ever used.
Just sitting there in the store.
9. A bunch of jerrycans
10. That rechargeable lamp with a radio.
The one that gave us jams and light at the same time.
11. That remote control with a missing battery cover.
12. Two or more ‘Ghana must go’ bags filled with books or old stuff
13. That reliable Philips iron
15. A stack of old newspapers
16. Newspaper under the dustbin
Did I miss anything?