General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God RCCG, Pastor E. A. Adeboye is celebrating 49 years of marriage with his wife, Pst. Mrs Folu Adeboye, fondly called Mummy G.O by members. Surprising enough, Adeboye is very romantic. Unexpected, huh?
As they celebrate the faithfulness of God on their 49th anniversary this year here are 20 things you would romantic things Daddy G.O does. Would you believe he still kisses her every morning?
• Adeboye married twice…not what you’re thinking. He had a traditional marriage first then a white wedding in church about two years after.
• Adeboye couldn’t afford a ring then but he promised his wife that she will never lack anything and has since kept this promise.
• When Adeboye could finally afford a ring, he refused to buy or wear one. He also mandated his last son, Leke Adeboye, to do same.
• Adeboye wouldn’t eat food or drink anywhere his wife doesn’t approve first.
• Adeboye prefers his meals freshly cooked daily.
• Adeboye expects his wife to fast with him when he is fasting.
• Adeboye eats dinner between 4-5pm and that’s it for the day.
• Adeboye sometimes goes into the kitchen to give moral support and taste the food. He also advices on which food needs more seasoning or salt.
• At least 3 times every year, Adeboye leaves his whole family for about 5 days, no phone calls, no sex, no distractions, even his wife is not allowed around him.
• Adeboye used to be very fat, his weight was so disturbing that his wife begged him to do something about it.
• Adeboye started making efforts toward reducing his weight by totally avoiding fizzy drinks and alcohol. Now, he only drinks water, fresh fruit juice and teas.
• Adeboye would never leave Nigeria and is never more than a 2-hours’ drive or flight away from his wife on the month of her birthday. This is one of the promises he made to her when they got married.
• Adeboye still gives monthly household expenses fees to his wife till date. This even increases year by year as inflation goes up
• Adeboye also gives his wife monthly self-maintenance allowance
• When he is at home, Adeboye kisses his wife every morning and prays for her even before coming out to see anyone else.
• Adeboye always buys matching watches, suit cases. Everything he needs to get, he always makes sure to get her own version of it.
• Adeboye always puts his wife first before his children. Besides they will and have all left home anyways.
• Adeboye has never stopped appreciating his wife for her sacrifice over the years and putting her dreams on hold so he could become who he is today, hence he never leaves her behind in anything and everything he does.