Harmattan is here again, and its everywhere…
And it has its own related diseases, we should try as much as possible to avoid the diseases and effects of HARMATTAN
BELOW ARE A LIST OF DISEASES RELATED TO HARMATTAN:
1. Common Cold.
3. Sickle Cell Crisis
4. Eye problems
8. Dry Skin
12. Road Traffic Accidents etc.
There are a lot of things to avoid this Harmattan Period and here is list of things to avoid and that will also help you stay healthy…
1. Wear thick clothes to make you warm.
2. Drink plenty water to prevent dehydration.
3. Wash your eyes regularly to avoid red eyes, and wear protective spectacles.
4. Cover your nose and mouth with a mask.
5. Exercise regularly.
6. Use oily creams to keep our skin healthy.
7. Apply lip balms and oily cream to the soles of the feet. This will help to prevent crackings.
8. Reduce exposure to the dust.
If you are Asthmatic, reduce exposure to dirty and dusty atmosphere and always keep the inhaler
9. Wash fruits and vegetables properly before eating.
10. Don’t drink soda, coke and other carbonated soft drinks. They may dehydrate your skin.
Drink hot tea, because it keeps you warm and free of flu.
11. Bath with warm water in the mornings and evenings because it will keep your body warm and free from
cold and other flu symptoms.
12. Switch off all electrical appliances after use.
13. Quench naked fire after use.
Wishing you health during and after this period .