23 Body Language Tricks That Make You Instantly Likeable… #3 will blow your mind
Manipulation is not negative
- Influencing is changing someone’s behavior or mind
- Manipulation is intentionally influencing
When you hear the word manipulation, you may immediately think of negative things. Please don’t.
Manipulation is not bad. People with bad intentions are bad.
Example 1: Manipulative sneaky person
Bad people are bad. Bad people who manipulate are problematic. An example of this:
- Mean Girl wants to reduce the social standing of Sweet Classmate
- She tells the other classmate this person did something horrible
- The class likes Sweet Classmate less
- Sweet Classmate feels sad now
Example 2: Friendly manipulation
Manipulation can make everyone in a situation better off.
- Party Person is an experienced manipulator
- Party Person bumps into another person
- Party Person smiles disarmingly and apologizes, even though the other person was wrong
- Party Person doesn’t get into a fight and has a great night
The problem with the Mean Girl example is not the manipulation, the problem is bad intentions and lying.
My request: Have good intentions
I’m assuming you will use these tricks with good intentions. Please do so.